Water Immersion Retort
Water Immersion Retort is a commonly used sterilization equipments. The sterilized items are completely immersed in water, such as bathing in water, so called Water Immersion Retort (also called water bath retort)
Water Immersion Retort Principle
By directly injecting steam, the water in the hot water tank is heated to a predetermined temperature, and then enters the retort, while the process water in the retort is continuously circulated and sterilized by circulating heat. The cooling process is carried out by mixing cold water into the retort and mixing it with hot water, then force the hot water back to the hot water tank.
Water Immersion Retort Scope of ApplicationWidely used in tinplate cans, aluminum cans, aluminum foil bags, transparent bags, vacuum bags, high temperature cooking bags, especially suitable for large-volume large packaged meat products. Not recommended for PP bottles, PP cans, glass bottles, etc.
Water Immersion Retort Characteristics
1. The product is prevented from coming into contact with the air during the whole process. There is no cold air in the retort, and the optimized circulating water system ensures uniform heat distribution in the retort. Uniform water exchange mode, uniform temperature, no dead ends.
2. Smooth, gentle but fast cooling avoids thermal shock and cooking odors.
3. Low noise, creating a quiet, comfortable working environment.
4. The hot water is stored in the upper tank, and the product is heated up very quickly, shortening the sterilization time.
5. There is water soaking products throughout the production process, resulting in buoyancy, which greatly reduces the damage of packaging materials.
6. Products completely immersed in water, with high sterilization accuracy and temperature can penetrate into the product from all directions.
7. Hot water can be reused, reducing energy consumption and saving energy.
8. With the analog temperature control system, a multi-stage heating mechanism can be set to reduce the bulging bag.
9. Multiple sterilization formulas can be stored in the PLC to adapt to the sterilization of varieties products.
Water Immersion Retort Components
Retort body: including pot body, lid, swivel ring, track, seal ring, roller, locking wedge, steam nozzle, cooling water pipe and gate valve.
Control system: PLC controller, touch screen, control cabinet
Accessories: pallets, trolleys, circulation pumps, pumps, pipeline valves
Water Immersion Retort Models
1. Double floor water immersion retort
2. Single horizontal water immersion retort
3. Double paralleled water immersion retort
4. Three series connection water immersion retort
Water Immersion Retort Parameter
Water Immersion Retort Operation procedure
1. Close the lid and deflation valve, open the seal valve to seal the lid.
2. Turn on the power switch and the air compressor motor switch.
3. Open the cold water inlet valve, open the upper water pipe venting valve, open the small pump switch, and put the water level to about 1/3 of the sterilizer pot water level gauge.
4. Turn on the sterilization switch, set the sterilization temperature, and heat the hot water in the sterilization pot to about 100 degrees in advance. During the heating process, when the water is heated to about 80 degrees, open the vertical pipe valve, then open the water inlet valve on the back of the sterilization pot, and find the water pump to cycle, so that the heating will be faster. (Do not open the pipe vent switch when the water circulation is heated.)
5. When the water is heated to about 100 degrees, turn off the sterilization switch, then close the sterilization pot and then close the water pump motor. Open the vertical pipe valve, and then open the parallel valve below to allow the hot water to be pressed back into the hot water tank. Release the remaining water and air in the sterilizer, close the valve of the sterilizing pot lid, open the venting valve of the sterilizing pot cover, and open the sterilizing pot lid.
Load food and start sterilization。
6. After the sterilization is completed, the alarm flashes, first turn off the sterilization switch, close the upper inlet valve, close the water pump, and turn the hot water in the sterilization pot back to the lower hot water pump by the standing pipeline valve.
7. After all the hot water is pressed back into the hot water tank, open the cold water tank valve, and then open the pipeline venting valve to open the water pump switch. When the water pressure is reached, close the deflation valve 2/3, and then open the upper inlet valve. Inject cold water into the pot to cool down (Note: When the temperature is lowered, the water supply valve can't be opened too much too fast, so slowly open it, open it a little at a time, wait for the mercury thermometer to show that the temperature is around 6 degrees and open the valve). Fill the water level with more than half of the pot, let the cold water chill the food into the cold water, and let it reach the normal temperature to ensure the base shelf life is long, and cool for about 10 minutes.
8. After the cooling is completed, open the valve standing on the pipeline, and then open the cold water inlet valve, and the main air will press the water back into the cold water tank. Let go of the air and residual water in the sterilizer, turn off the air switch, open the manual deflation valve on the sterilizer, close the inlet valve of the sterilizer lid seal, and open the deflation valve. Sterilization is complete! ! !
Water Immersion Retort Safety operation procedures
1. The operator who uses the water bath type sterilization pot should pass the training and examination, and should strictly abide by the safety operation rules and post responsibility system; if abnormal phenomena are found, they should be dealt with in time. The water bath type sterilizing pot should be inspected regularly, and at least one external inspection should be carried out every six months. At least one comprehensive inspection should be carried out every year. The preparation work and inspection items before the inspection are carried out in accordance with the “Procedures” and relevant regulations, and the inspection reports are filed and filed.
2. This water bath type sterilization pot is strictly prohibited to run beyond the design pressure and temperature.
3, water bath type sterilization pot is equipped with pressure gauges, thermometers, safety valves and other accessories, to be sensitive, reliable, safe and complete. Maintenance and periodic calibration should be added during use. The safety valve starting pressure of the water bath type sterilization pot is equal to the design pressure, and should be sensitive and reliable, and should be prevented from being adjusted at will. The accuracy of the pressure gauge and thermometer are all 1.5, and the difference within the tolerance is normal. The lead-free seal pressure gauge shall not be used, the pressure gauge indicates failure, the scale is unclear, the dial is broken, the pointer does not return to zero after the pressure is released, and the seal seal damage shall be replaced immediately. The thermometer should be inspected regularly. It should be calibrated with a standard thermometer before use. It should be verified once a year. If the mercury column breaks and the difference from the standard temperature exceeds 0.5 °C, it should be repaired or replaced.
4. The operator who uses the water bath type sterilization pot should pass the training and examination, and should strictly abide by the safety operation rules and post responsibility system; if abnormal phenomena are found, they should be dealt with in time.
5. When deactivated, the inner and outer surfaces of the water bath type sterilizer and lid should be cleaned. The exposed surface brush is anti-rust paint, and the safety inspection control instrument is protected by a cover.
6. If the sealing ring on the flange surface of the water bath type sterilization pot body is aging, if the wear and the defect are too large, it should be replaced in time to ensure the seal and prevent leakage.
7. During the use process, grease and oil should be applied to the sliding and rolling contact parts of the inclined self-locking wedges, pot ears, rollers, swivel flanges, etc. to ensure that the friction surface is in a lubrication state.